What is Dysport®?
Dysport® is a prescription injection that is FDA approved for the temporary improvement in the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (otherwise known as glabellar lines) in patients less than 65 years of age.
Dysport® is a purified form of botulinum toxin that has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines by blocking the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity, temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines and reducing the appearance of frown lines.
Facts on Frown Lines
Frown lines are caused by a number of factors, and not always caused by age.
Although age is a factor, over time, the muscles above and between the eyebrows repeatedly contract and tighten, during frowning or squinting, and this repeated movement forms lines between the eyebrows.
The Ideal Dysport® Patient
Dysport® is designed for adults less than 65 years of age who want a prescription injection for the temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows.
How is Dysport® Administered?
Dysport® is administered by a physician or qualified healthcare professional who is a trained injector.
Effective treatment requires one injection into each of five points between and over the eyebrows, two injection points above each eyebrow in the corrugator muscle and one injection point between the eyebrows in the procerus muscle.
Although office visit times vary, the procedure generally takes 10 to 20 minutes.
A very small needle is used to inject Dysport so it is relatively pain free and no anesthetic is needed.
It is recommended that patients wait for a period of 3 months in between injections.
In clinical studies, Dysport® has been shown to deliver temporary improvement in moderate to severe frown lines, for up to 4 repeat treatments And safety was evaluated in up to 12 repeat treatments.
The effect of repeat treatment with Dysport® may be comparable to your first use. Efficacy has been demonstrated to be maintained up to 4 repeat treatments with no change in efficacy response over time.
Dysport® has been shown to provide results that may last up to 4 months.
*Please see important safety information below and full prescribing information
· In clinical trials, Dysport® has been studied in more than 2,400 aesthetic patients.1
· In three global clinical studies of people whose frown lines were rated “moderate” or “severe” by a doctor before their treatment with Dysport® (Efficacy was assessed at maximum frown by using a 4-point scale: none, mild, moderate, severe):
1. 30 days after treatment, in a majority of patients treated with Dysport® (55%, 52%, and 60% in each of the 3 studies vs. 0% of patients treated with placebo), the patients and their doctors both thought their frown lines improved by at least 2 grades to a rating of “none” or “mild” at maximum frown.1
2. 30 days after treatment, the majority of patients treated with Dysport® (88%, 85%, and 86% in each of the 3 studies, vs. 4%, 4%, and 0%, respectively, of patients treated with placebo) had their frown lines rated by a doctor as “none” or “mild” with at least a 1-grade improvement at maximum frown.1
3. 30 days after treatment, the majority of patients treated with Dysport® (74%, 79%, and 82% in each of the 3 studies, vs. 9%, 1%, and 2%, respectively, of patients treated with placebo) rated their own frown lines as “none” or “mild” with at least a 1-grade improvement at maximum frown.1
We invite you to call us at 209.524.6204 today!
Lo invitamos a que nos llame al 209.524.6204 ¡Hoy mismo!